Monday, June 25, 2007

Last minute trip excitment, preparations, and an OFFER?!

Well, we leave the house for the airport in a mere 22 hours. I haven't packed my suitcase yet, and neither has Joe. I don't know why I am always so bad about procrastinating when it comes to packing for a trip. We planned on packing last night, but instead spent hours researching Zambia, posting to the blog, and dawdling.

Now, here we are with very little time left to prep, and I can't focus on work.... I know, I'm terrible and need to be working right now! To make our time crunch worse, we just learned we have gotten another offer (our second one so far) and our realtor and the buyer's realtor will be coming by this evening at 6:45 pm to present it to us. I have no idea if it's good or bad. If it is good, it sure does complicate our leaving town tomorrow! If we go under contract, they will need to do inspections, etc. and we lose 2 weeks of house hunting. I have no idea how we'll pull it all together. Obviously, packing will be a nightmare since we're too broke to hire a company to pack and move us. A typical 30 day escrow period may just be a little tight for us at this point. What makes it especially difficult is the fact that we will still have to decide on a place to make an offer on ourselves, and any time between the closing of this place and our future house will be difficult with our 3 dogs in tow! Let's see... a short term rental for someone with 3 crazy pups?! We may be out of luck!

Ok, I'm not complaining though. As tough as it may be to pull it all together, we will find a way. And, if the offer works out and we go under contract, we'll be so fortunate for that... so I am NOT complaining, just starting to think through what it will entail!

Cross your fingers for an amazing offer tonight! We've had so much misfortune with this place (and the plumbing) lately, we could really use a break!

No comments: