Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Chit chat with Easy E

Ok, so as I've mentioned, our little Ezi (also known in this house as Easy E) is quite a talker. And, just to share with the world what I'm talking about when I say he likes to scream, I finally captured the moment on tape last week and have decided it's time to share. You can only imagine the horror flick I've got playing in the background to get him ramped up! ;-) (Only kidding)

What I wouldn't give to figure out why and how he learned to "coo" this way, and how to undo it! ;-) I'm sure our neighbors worry about what I'm doing to the poor baby all day long, as he's even being camera shy here and not showing you his full potential! He really is holding back and using a softer scream than he tends to use, but it's still an idea of the sweet sounds he shares ALL THE TIME. The REAL bummer is that in the last week, he's learned to use a really frustrated and angry scream when he's legitimately mad (like waiting for his slow mama to get his bottle into his mouth or another bite of food or ...) Oy!



10 comments:

Brad and Christy Sherrell said...

It is called the Ethiopian Shrill. Well at least it is known as that in our house. Kidus screams SO loud that my ears crackle from the sheer noise. We have friends whose little boy (also from Ethiopia) had the same shrill. He is 2 1/2 now and has grown out of it. There is hope!!!!

5KidMom said...

He NEEDS his attention!!! Of course, there is also the Ethiopian part of it. Gracie is, by far, the loudest of our kiddos. Either way, Ezi is doing a great job of communicating with his parents, and his parents answer in an admirable way. Good job to all!! 8^)

Robin said...

I think Luke knew what he was saying. His eyes got really big and he stopped nursing to listen! Now if only he could talk! Right now he just grunts...

I love how every baby is so different. It's crazy to me that such personality characteristics start so young! How does Livi react to it?

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

How funny! I played this and all of my kids came running to see what the sound was! :-) My daughter that that it was a bird!
Blessings,
Kristy

LISA said...

Whoa!! How funny! I played it at the office,turned down,and still got weird looks!

DK said...

Ha! I hit play, and my dog comes bolting in from the other room, all alarmed and like, "where is it? Is it in trouble? Why are you just sitting there laughing?"

I just wandered over from Robin's blog (I'm one of those friends she's had so long I don't think she wants to admit to it). Your kids are adorable, and just too precious for words. Congratulations on becoming a family.

I'm sorry they don't like watermelon! They might reconsider when they have, you know, teeth and stuff. But the video of Livi made me laugh way too hard. Poor thing!

Tarah said...

TT did this for a while, and then we got her ears and hearing checked. She ended up with tubes to drain them. Because of all this they knew she wasn't hearing well, so she would be loud to hear it better.
Most likely not this for E, but you might have their ears/hearing checked just to be safe.
They are so precious!

Joy said...

How funny. All of my kids did this, but none of my sister's kids did. We lovingly called our babies "Screech" when they got in that stage. Luckily it was just a stage :). I have some questions about our agency. If you don't mind emailing me at javijoy@cox.net I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Joy

Tara said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! Scary but hilarious. :) I also just watched the watermelon video- haha! The projectile vomiting- it looks like she loooves watermelon! :)

Laurzie said...

HA! Jackie was that way, too! Ezi's just making himself known. :) What a litte doll!