Just a quick post to let all of you still patiently waiting with us know that we still don't have confirmation on our travel dates. We're expecting to hear something today or tomorrow, and hopefully that proves true. At this point, we've begun packing, and are hoping to wrap that up tonight... or maybe tomorrow. I've been filling out immigration forms for our embassy appointment, and get quite a laugh when filling out forms for Tewodros & Yodit (who are only 3 months old!) that ask about their employment, schooling, and spouses! I don't know what to put in many of the sections, so I have lots of blank areas left. Hopefully the lawyer will help us get that all figured out when we arrive in Ethiopia.
So... here's to a Saturday departure! We have the tickets, and a guest house booked... so we just need the official go ahead. The concern from our agency is that it may end up needing to be another week beyond the maximum we were told... so that's what the hold up is. Joe and I are starting to feel VERY strongly about getting to our beautiful babes, so even if our embassy date IS delayed a week, we may travel on this weekend and at least be together as a family while we wait! For those of you still reading this... please cross you fingers, say a prayer, do an April 14th embassy date dance, or whatever it is you can do! COME ON APRIL 14TH EMBASSY DATE!!!
On a side note, yesterday we got to pick up our car seats from our wonderful friends, Geoff & Val. Their very sharing twin boys have decided they will allow Olivia & Ezra to now use their infant car seats. As we said our goodbyes and began driving away, it was weird to think that was quite possibly our last visit with them as just "Jesi & Joe." From here on out when we see them, we SHOULD have E & O in tow. While all the waiting for an official date to travel begins to make this all feel unreal... and like it will never happen... that moment was etched into my mind forever. I still get chills when I look at Olivia & Ezra's pictures and realize that they WILL be in our arms very soon.
Back to work. Back to my LAST week of work before mommyhood! (Notice my positive reinforcement of our upcoming April 5 departure there?!) This WILL be the last week in the US without our babies!