Monday, June 16, 2008

Blue horizon

OK, so I thought THIS topic deserved a brief and separate post from Father's Day. My mom left us for Colorado on Friday and I have definitely been in a funk. My mom is my best friend and a huge support. We had the most quiet goodbye possible as her and my dad left on Friday. Mom and I couldn't speak as we were completely choked up and fighting back tears. My dad told me "I love you" and I couldn't fully reciprocate the words before the tears poured forth. I cannot believe this is real. Heck, I can't even TYPE about this without crying. Ugh.

I HATE this. Even if they visit EVERY month it won't be enough. That's what I love/hate about being so close to my family... hate that it's too hard to be so far apart but love that we're all this close. As if it's not hard enough to be missing my brother like crazy (he arrived in Afghanistan the DAY our babies were born!), now I've got to be missing my parents too! Poo.

Oh, and I REALLY hate that now Ezi & Livi don't get to have their grandma around regularly. They are seriously missing out on tons of lovin', smoochin, and fun with her now. It was bad enough that my dad couldn't see them regularly, now it's BOTH of them. Double boo-hoo.

Sorry... I'll try to be more optimistic about all this now, but I had to get my sob fest off my chest!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I just hate that for you, Jesi! Life has a funny way of working things out, so who knows? Before you know it, your house could be sold, and you could be on your way to CO! Hang in there, and just give those babies extra squeezes when you're feelin blue. That should help a little, eh? :]

Hold Me Mommy said...

Hi my name is Heather Long. OUr family is planning on adopting from Ethiopia and I was wondering if you would mind telling me the name of your agency and if you would use them again? Thanks so much and your babies are gorgeous and so cute!
Heather Long